[Tfug] SELinux headaches - httpd_unified and file access

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 14:23:48 MST 2008

Anyone around here using SELinux with apache?

I'm running a webserver that has a file manager running, and
everytime a file is uploaded or we try to delete one, I get an
AVC denial, and a warning to set httpd_unified=1.

However, httpd_unified IS set to 1!   o_O  I'd like to keep SELinux
running, but I need to get around this...Anyone ever deal with this
or know a workaround?  I've also tried changing the context
of the files in the directory I'm using with chcon, but nothing's
worked yet.

TIA

    - Chris

--