[Tfug] Question on Realplayer (.RAM) video streams...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 00:59:25 MST 2008

Has anyone gotten a FOSS realplayer utility to first, WORK and second,
record the datastream?  I guess I could do it via a screen record utility
but while I've been able to get Totem to play this thing I can't get it to
"fast forward" at all.  In order to play the link below and jump to an
hour:minute point I had to use my XP virtual machine :(.

I ask because my testimony from Texas (state legislature) is now online:

http://www.house.state.tx.us/fx/av/committee80/80625a13.ram

It's 5 hours 5 minutes in if anybody is interested.  I kinda freaked 'em out
by "spinning the cube" between desktops full of documents, although sadly
the overhead projector image didn't come out in this video.

I learned later that while I was talking, somebody from the Texas Secretary
of State's office in charge of voting machine certification actually broke
down in tears :).

Jim