[Tfug] need to borrow video card for troubleshooting

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 23:15:28 MST 2008

> We have a motherboard that will not POST, and our last
> resort is to
> try another video card.  Would anyone have one that we can
> try, to see
> if that is the problem?

Do the leds on the keyboard flash?  Does numlock/capslock
have any affect on the respective LED?

Do you get a beep from the machine?

If it really *is* dead, look for bad caps.  I am assuming
you have already verified that the power supply is OK...
and have removed all other *loads* -- disks, cd, pci cards,
etc. -- tht could be a source of problem (cheap modem
cards often short out a supply)

> The motherboard, which is a 1991 model, has a 2x/4x mode
> AGP slot and PCI slots.
>
> It would make things much, much easier if it has a DVI
> output.

You can pick one up at WorldCare for $2.

Good luck!
--don