[Tfug] Stock Linux analog of tip(1)?

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 08:13:48 MST 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the *stock* Linux equivalent of tip(1)?
>
> No, I'm not interested in add-on packages that give tip-like
> functionality.  :<  Is there a tip equivalent in *most*
> distros?
>
> Thx,
> --don

For years there has existed a terminal program named minicom in Linux.
 I see it is not included by default in Ubuntu probably because there
is little need for it from the masses.  It's a clone of the DOS
program Telix which you may have in the past used to connect to BBS
systems like me.  Minicom is in Ubuntu's main software repository
which make it very simple to add if you're using Ubuntu.

Enjoy,
Ryan