[Tfug] Bringing the FSF to Tucson

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 18 12:25:44 MST 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:09:54PM -0700, Jim Secan wrote:
> Just exactly how much money, and for what, are we talking about here?  I
> would think a meet-and-greet could be done almost anywhere at the cost of
> getting peole down here from wherever (Phoenix)?

Don't know yet because it depends upon who we bring.  If we bring
somebody more famous from Massachusetts (where the FSF is located),
it'll obviously cost more.  What I'm thinking is that with Hacks'
help, we could arrange for a talk on the UofA campus, get some
funding to help with the expenses, and also have a TFUG gathering.

For a cheaper thing, the FSF does have some longtime members in
Phoenix who could probably come down.

Claude