[Tfug] monitor resolution

Ken Steen ken at greenideas.net
Wed Jul 16 11:12:48 MST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 09:13:36AM -0700, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Tue Jul 15, 2008 at 11:30:19PM -0700, Malcolm Schmerl wrote:
> > Yes, I did go through the entire setup. Mine just went through
> > the keyboard setup only.
>
> Can anyone confirm for me whether this is the expected behaviour
> on Ubuntu? The behaviour is that dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
> does not allow you to setup the mouse, video driver, or monitor.

I just ran dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg on an Ubuntu Hardy Heron and it
only gave options for keyboard settings.  Apparently there was a change
in the package so that if you have a xserver configuration it will not
change the screen settings.  You are supposed to be able to change the
settings through the System - Preferences - Screen Resolution menu.
This is the best guide that I could find for Ubuntu.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FixVideoResolutionHowto#The End

Ken