[Tfug] [OT] WTB: motorcycle

Matt Jacob m at mattjacob.com
Thu Jul 10 13:06:51 MST 2008

Jim March wrote:
> I'm not a big fan of the Ninja 250.  Basically, the motor is
> high-strung, high-RPM, and the valves need adjusting relatively
> frequently...4,000 miles I think?  And they're shim-under-bucket so it's
> a pain.

I did some more research and came to the conclusion that it would
probably be a bit small for someone my size (6-2/190 lbs). Plus, the
MSRP is $3500 on that bike, and dealers are selling them for $4400 right
now because they're in high demand and they can. No thanks.

The silver lining is that I found a beautiful SV650 down in Sahuarita.
I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me, but the CL page is here:

http://is.gd/Qun/suzuki/sv650

Now, if I can get that bike, I'm looking for someone to drive it home
for me (Swan/Sunrise). We'll drive down to Sahuarita together in my car,
and then you'll ride the bike back to my house. I'll pay $100 cash and
buy you lunch for your time. :-) Reply off-list if you're interested.

Matt