[Tfug] [OT] WTB: motorcycle

Chuck Boyer cboyer at dakotapro.biz
Wed Jul 9 17:40:27 MST 2008

My experience with a Ninja 250 is they are good beginner bikes. I was
considering getting my wife one, but the market has such a high demand for
them they move like hot cakes. The only complaint I have heard about the 250
is you will out grow it fast. It will do fine in your standard commute, but
if you want to go to Globe or Patagonia you will be missing on having some
freeway legs.

I have no experience with the GS500.

I have some experience with the Suzuki SV650. This bike is not as torquee as
it¹s GSXR equivalent, so it is pretty modest in the lower gears. They have a
half fairing look to them popularly called a ³street fighter² bike. It would
be a bike that you would still enjoy after your first 5000 miles.

I agree with Jim, if you get a full fairing bike, take the lowers off for a
while. They are EXPENSIVE to replace.

Chuck