[Tfug] [OT] WTB: motorcycle

Matt Jacob m at mattjacob.com
Mon Jul 7 18:43:15 MST 2008

James Daniel wrote:
> Also, imho a good way to get some potentially useful instruction and
> your M endorsement on your license at the same time, sign up for an MSF
> Basic Ridercourse. (though I hear they're kinda hard to get into with
> the number of new riders cropping up these days with gas prices the way
> they are)

Funny you should mention that. I was actually in the process of signing
up for one of the Pima weekend classes when I read your message. There's
another organization in Tucson that provides MSF-approved classes, but
they charge $285, and the Pima class is only $198.

By a stroke of luck, I managed to get into a class on the 17/19/20 of
this month (it's spread out over three days). Clearly, this is a sign
that the whole motorcycle thing is meant to be, especially considering
that the rest of the classes are booked until October. :-)

Now, I'm supposed to wear boots to the class, and all I've got are
tennis shoes. Where can I find some motorcycle boots around town? I've
got work boots, but I imagine that'd make me look like one of the
Village People, which is more or less exactly the opposite of what I'm
going for here. TIA.

Vroom!