[Tfug] Power Problem (slightly OT)

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Tue Jan 22 13:25:18 MST 2008

Thanks for the suggestions.  I put in a completely new PS with no change
to the behavior.  I'm fiddling around with the switches to the front panel
now to see if they're munged in some way.  I try those of your suggestions
I think I'm capable of doing.

I know what caused the lockup, and it wasn't hardware related unless the
hardware died exactly when the software would have taken the OS south.
The Linux shutdown process proceeded normally after I hit the power-off
switch, so the kernel was still functioning at that point and the hardware
appeared to be behaving itself.  It was just when I tried to power back up
that I discovered I'd magically turned a server into a boat anchor.  I
should perhaps try to get a job with MS.

Jim