[Tfug] RDBMS reprise

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:04:04 MST 2008

Well I guess there is no system is not frought with peril.. :)

Okay, how about non db solution? Why not have the dbms save an xml
file to disk with the query result, and use a script to parse return
results to the client. Either via AJAX, or via simple call the page
load the results type of thing. Of course there is no tried and true
process for making sure created files are removed, but I guess if you
timestamp it with the sessionid, you could easily discover which ones
should be removed. This would keep both server resources and client
resources low.

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell