[Tfug] ISO Sun kit

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 18:49:05 MST 2008

Hi,

--- Brian Murphy <murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu>
wrote:

> Quoting Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com>:
> > I'm (always!) looking for external Sun enclosures.
> > E.g., 711, 622 and 611T's (not real keen on 611D's
> > nor any of the 411, 811, etc. boxes :< ).  Too
> many
> > peripherals and not enough boxes to house them!
> :<
>
> Good timing!  The gun and porn collection is

<grin>  May be good timing for *someone* but not,
apparently for *me*!  :>  :<

> overrunning my garage so I
> need to dump the old computer gear to make more
> room.
>
> Here is what I have: (open to everyone)
>
> Sun SparcStation 1
> Sun SparcStation 2

FWIW, I have a 32MB "SBUS Memory board" that fits
the SS2, IIRC.  It's a bit of an oddball device
(possibly not supported except under Slowaris?)
if anyone wants the SS2...

> Sun SparcStation LX (the desirable shoebox)

Someone should rescue this box.  They are really
nice to have... (IMO)

> Sun model 411 CDROM (comes with CD tray)
> Sun model 411 DDS tape drive
> Sun model 811 DDS tape drive

Bummer.  If any of those had been *6*11's...  :-(

> HP Jetstore 2000 DDS tape drive
>
> Sun GDM-1962B monitor (19" and possible fixed
> frequency)
> Sun CPD-1790  monitor (17")
> HP M50 (D5258A) 15" VGA monitor
>
> Various sun keyboards and mice
>
> The workstations don't have hard drives.  They all

Note that they all take SE 50-pin SCSI drives (which
are getting hard to come by).  All but the LX also
require a "sled" to mount the drive into the case.

> worked last time I
> powered them up. (6 or 7 years ago)  No guarantees
> but they should be
> good after a solid dusting off.
>
> Northwest or UofA pickup works best.

--don