[Tfug] I don't feel so good...(OT?)

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 00:18:53 MST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 12:05 AM, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2008 11:32 PM, Christopher Robbins <robbinsc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You should really get that checked out, Jim... ;)
> >
> > Were you disappointed in the results or the methodology?
>
> If we're being serious for a sec, there are major issues over on the
> GOP side connected to late releases of the precinct-level data.
> Results are going from the precincts to a private (Israeli?)
> corporation and then to both the media and state parties...

Why the hell bounce the votes to Tel Aviv and back?

> but there
> seems to be a major difference in process between the Dems and GOP.
> The Dems produced results almost immediately with the GOP behind by at
> least 10 hours - and the Dems had double the voters.

What system did the Republicans use for tallying votes?  Did they use
electronic
voting?

I know the Dems had a much simpler process than the GOP did.  Something
about
meeting in a room and speaking out on who one wants to vote for, rather than
secret
ballot -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_caucus

<quote>

Participants indicate their support for a particular candidate by standing
in a designated area of the caucus site (forming a "preference group"). An
area may also be designated for undecided participants. Then, for roughly 30
minutes, participants try to convince their neighbors to support their
candidates. Each preference group might informally deputize a few members to
recruit supporters from the other groups and, in particular, from among
those undecided. Undecided participants might visit each preference group to
ask its members about their candidate.
</quote>

> If anyone wants the juicy details, see:
>

> http://www.bbvforums.org/cgi-bin/forums/board-auth.cgi?file=/1954/71128.html

I'm still reading.  As an aside, if this was rigged (by the GOP?  rogue
Dems?  the Illuminati?), why Huckabee? I suppose that also means you
need to know who is behind the rigging before you determine the why,
but the question remains.  Huckabee (IMHO) is the weakest of the GOP
candidates, he seems too schmuck-y to be POTUS.

Interesting stuff...

     - Chris

--
Chris Robbins