[Tfug] ffmpeg to SQL

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Thu Jan 3 09:21:56 MST 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 04:47:18AM -0700, Choprboy wrote:
> I anybody familiar with a plugin or undocumented option for inserting frames
> captured/processed with ffmpeg into a SQL database???

Not answering your question but why do you want to store the video
frames themselves in the db?  My rule of thumb (and, obviously, it's
just a rule of thumb) is to avoid defining blob types whenever
possible.  My preferred solution is to store the blob as a file and a
pointer to the blob in the db (generally just the filename).  Another
way of asking the question: what do you get by storing the blob in the
database?

Claude