[Tfug] ffmpeg to SQL

Choprboy choprboy at dakotacom.net
Thu Jan 3 04:47:18 MST 2008

I anybody familiar with a plugin or undocumented option for inserting frames
captured/processed with ffmpeg into a SQL database???

I am working on a little project to do some simultaneous video frame and
telemetry capture. Since the two are not sycronous, I;d like to dump both
into a DB with date stamps and then post-process the results. Unfortunately I
can;t seem to find anything to do direct ffmpeg to SQL dumps... Sure I could
dump each frame to a file, write another script, and import each frame back
to SQL the background, but I;d rather not do that as I will be capturing
~1-4fps for hours on end... spawning tens of thousands of instances of the
script, one for each frame. I;d rather do it all in one (preferably something
tightly linked to ffmpeg). Anyone seen anything like this?

Adrian