[Tfug] OSX

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Wed Jan 2 11:12:10 MST 2008

At 09:56 AM 1/2/2008 -0800, Bexley Hall wrote:
>I had thought there would be something interesting
>or worthwhile seeing in OSX (*greatly* improved
>performance, rock-solid stability, "killer app",
>etc.) to make it worth "considering".  But, it seems
>like its 6-of-one, half-dozen-of-another.  :-(

If you're serious about this, I'd not base your decision on 10.2 running on
an old box.  That's like making a decision about Linux by putting an old
Slackware distro on an 80386 box (not quite as bad, but you get my drift).
However, if you're happy with your current setup using Solaris and BSD and
there's not something available only on OS X that you gotta have, no sense
in changing over.

Jim
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |