[Tfug] debian on memory stick

christopher skeptikos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 15:52:05 MST 2008

Hey, I'm getting ready to install debian on a
memory stick, but I noticed that the .img file
from is only ~580 mB. What happens to the
other 1.5 gB of my memory stick?

The .img file is written to the stick via dd,
if it matters.

Does anyone have any experience with a live
system on a usb stick? I basically need it
because the university vpn client isn't
available for freebsd, so I figured I would
get one on my little flash drive and then I
could install the vpn client on it.

I know that flash memory can only be written
to a certain number of times, so I'll
eventually be faced with that issue, but is
there anything else I should keep in mind?

~ Chris

--
christopher <skeptikos at gmail.com>