[Tfug] Repartition Drive with Linux to add Winders

Jeffry Johnston tfug at kidsquid.com
Mon Feb 18 10:58:04 MST 2008

On a sidenote, dd is excellent for testing floppies (try reading it,
or better, writing then reading).  I'm finding that about half of my
3.5" floppies have bad parts on them (of course once I discover that,
it goes straight to the trash).  These disks average about 15 years
old.  Fujifilm and Sony seem to be okay, but 3M are not... and of
course the no-name ones are pretty much all gone.  The AOL disks
actually seem to be pretty good.

Jeff