[Tfug] N770 nearly bricked

aj hine pynorsis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 04:01:14 MST 2008

>>but how do you reformat without having a root xterm?

if I understand you, that is done in the reflash. Just use the one of
the reflash
tools.

I use the latest non-HE version and it runs much better than the original
version.

I am also more circumspect in the software I put on the second time around. The
repostitorys are mostly run by "some guy" and the stability of the software is
determined by how much "some guy" wanted to put into it. Debian it ain't.
Command line utilitys seem to have less issues than the GUIs.

That being said the little bugger is rock solid now.

Also from the control panel go to memory and enable the virtual memory
to give the
little gerbil inside a little more room to play with. That might also
help with stability.

andy