[Tfug] Mower stuph fur sail

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Sat Feb 16 20:11:58 MST 2008

From: "Bexley Hall" <bexley401>

> --- Steven Bowers <steveb7> wrote:
>
>> .....but the really good stuff is in the back room
>> ;-) (Cisco switches, routers, Wireless APs, VoIP
>> phones, Compaq servers from 1U to 4u, etc).
>
> Note that this is not "by design" but, rather, a
> simple consequence of the fact that most of the
> folks who drop into the store are not interested in
> those types of things.

It's a good thing Steven brought this up or I (and perhaps
others) may have never known.

Suppose someone is looking for a type of equipment there
that is not on display? How does one find out what might be
available?

> One aspect of my posts here re: WorldCare offerings
> is to see if there *is* any demand for these sorts
> of items -- so we don't waste time trying to clean
> them up and repair them (if no one will want them!)

You mentioned refurbishing. What is done? Clean it up and
apply Armor All?

I remember seeing systems complete with OS OS installed. Do
people ask for that?

I had an impression of thrift store during my visit. What
I'm hearing sounds like more than that of a thrift store.

What's the mission? Selling systems and functional units or
send the units to the breakup yard?

TIA