[Tfug] Virtual Keyboard

jblais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Fri Feb 15 12:00:31 MST 2008

> Bexley Hall
>
> Did *you* guys play with any of them?

Well - we just got one in.  It is really slick.  It has usb to talk to a PC,
and it also has bluetooth -
My boss loaded a driver for his blackberry, then you just get the 2 close
together, and you have a regular sized keyboard in front of you, on any
surface, even clear glass.  Probably will work on a beer covered bar as
well!

It's smaller than a regular mouse, it stands up like a small tower, about an
inch square footprint and about 3-inches tall.  The projected keyboard is
full sized, in red laser, about 4-inches in front of the tower.  You can
bring in your hand from front or back or side, and it works!  You can hear a
slight click sound when typing.

I'll be trying it on Linux real soon.  I don't think it will need a driver
for USB.

It was about a hundred-plus bucks.

Joe