[Tfug] Mower stuph fur sail

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 18:26:18 MST 2008

Hi,

WorldCare currently has several "server-ish" machines
available for sale.  These are all x86 machines with
one or two processors -- typically 900+ MHz.  Some
of these are classic rack-mountable boxes (e.g.,
Compaq Proliant series) with redundant power supplies,
redundant cooling, etc.  Others, look more like
conventional PC's (e.g., Dell "Precision" series).

Processor speed, memory and disk complements vary.
They range in price from $30 to $100.  I believe all
have *some* Linux distro installed, presently.  I
don't believe any of the hardware is particularly
"exotic" so other distros should fit.

WorldCare would like to keep merchandise moving
through the store.  To that end, we are trying to
get a feel for the types of items people are willing
to buy -- so we don't waste valuable time building
machines that are not going to sell (instead, they
will be recycled for their material content).

Joe Alwine is a good person to pester :> if you are
interested in these sorts of machines.  He just SITS
AROUND all afternoon waiting for *something* to do!
He would love it if you'd stop by and take one of
these machines off his hands!  Some are in the store;
others are still hiding in the back room waiting to
make their debut.  Since Joe likes to sleep late,
he usually doesn't make it to WorldCare until the
early afternoon (Saturdays, too).  You might want to
contact him ahead of time to arrange to see what's
available.

(N.B. Those folks who know Joe also know that he's
*rarely* "sitting around"!  :> )

Thanks!
--don

[BTW, would folks prefer I *not* mention things
that WC has available for sale?]