[Tfug] DIY Server Components

Jon bigj at flatwan.net
Mon Feb 11 10:24:08 MST 2008

christopher wrote:
> *warning* I'm not a network admin *warning*

* warning* Sarcasm, so no need to flame me *warning*

Good thing, since he was inquiring about System Administration :)

But to the point I think Chris was trying to make anything will work.
Since this will be hosted on a residential Internet connection I
wouldn't spend too much time and money on the hardware since uptime
doesn't appear to be the most important thing. I would just ensure you
have an excellent backup strategy and you'll be fine.

Due to the declining US dollar this opinion is only worth $0.01.

--
Jon