[Tfug] posting in HTML

Choprboy choprboy at dakotacom.net
Sat Feb 2 23:58:51 MST 2008

On Saturday 02 February 2008 21:21, David Cowell wrote:
> Well, I wasn't aware there was a style restriction against HTML. (No, it
> wasn't a blond moment... just didn't occur to me.)
>
> Consider me suitably rebuked. I thought... well, you know. Most of us...
> well, you know. (smile)

On the TFUG list it is expected, as a common courtesy, that all posts shall
not be purely HTML as many members use pine/mutt text clients for reading
email. I, myself, do use telnet to POP my mail on occasions when my regular
client is unavailable.

That being said however, David's post (both infact), is properly formated
multipart alternative, with a leading text/plain portion followed by an
optional text/HTML format section. While not encouraged, I do not believe
this is officially frowned upon.

Adrian