[Tfug] Video capture

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 15:25:04 MST 2008

Hi,

OK, I've managed to set up a VWS 320 to do
video capture.  And some decent disk space
to store the raw video (until I get a faster
processor -- or *second* processor -- in the
machine, compressing the video in real-time
is probably not feasible).

But, I have no idea how to get from video to
"build a DVD"  :<

When I examine a commercial DVD, I see lots
of .VOB files (which, I assume, hold video
encoded in *some* format) and .IFO files, etc.
I suspect there is more to producing a DVD
than just copying those files off of an
existing DVD (i.e., creating a DVD from scratch
would require more than just building the
equivalent video files, etc.).

Any pointers to a tutorial on how DVDs are
encoded?  And, tools for authoring?

Thanks!
--don