[Tfug] [OT] Thinking about getting an online degree

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 12:36:52 MST 2008

--- On Sun, 12/28/08, erich <erich1 at copper.net> wrote:

> Remember that if
> you discontinue your studies the credits are in force for
> two years.
> After that they lose their transferability.

Hmmm... is this a Pima-specific issue?
Or, perhaps just apply to "transferability"?

When I was in school, there was something like an *8*
year limit on when courses "expired".  This was to ensure
your degree was (reasonably) current (Ha!  8 years is
"current"?).  I recall a "professional student" friend
who had lingered far too long and was in the mode of
having to retake courses he had taken many years earlier
as they were now "falling off" his transcript...  :-/

(of course, it just gave him another excuse to remain in
school...  :>  )