[Tfug] Well it's back to Ubuntu...

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Tue Dec 23 18:02:37 MST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 02:50:39AM -0700, Brian Vogel wrote:
>   Hi everyone glad to see an active group in Tucson.
>   Yes, people are deathly afraid of changing anything that doesn't have a
>   check-box unless their local "geek" is hold their hand.
>   Since it's the time of year for sugestions:
>   sudo apt-get remove aptitude
>   Happy hacking

Could you expand upon this at all?  Aptitude is by far the best package
management tool/frontend I've used on any distro.  I hate not having it
around.  The only thing it doesn't do is allow one to reinstall an existing
package.  That must be done via the command line:
  apt-get --reinstall install foo

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://weaselreader.org