[Tfug] Need advice - consumer fraud caught on a WiFi adapter

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Sat Dec 6 09:12:32 MST 2008

1. Does Airlink promote or list this AWLL6070 device as
using an Atheros chipset? What does their website or data
sheet say? Does the box say anything to that effect? Maybe
there are "versions" of that device.

2. Who do you claim has defrauded you? The Ubuntu database?

3. Did you open the device to determine exactly what chipset
the device uses? If not, maybe there are pictures of the
printed wiring board somewhere on the internet.

4. Perhaps the Linux drivers don't enumerate this device
well. (Maybe the Linux software is in error)

5. When you confront Frys.could you take in a hidden camera
to document this? Some of us would like to see what happens.
I would like to be there personally to observe when the
manager hears this geeky conspiracy story that most people
wouldn't give a flying piece of dung about. But, I won't be
able to make it up there in time.

6. Do the cell phone provider's TOS and AUP allow sharing?
Are there bandwidth caps on this plan? What is the fee?

7. Is this worth $20 of your time?