[Tfug] bash dl script

James Hood ebenblues at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 08:06:35 MST 2008

I've found very few differences between writing bash and ksh scripts so
learning bash will basically make you a ksh scripter as well. Now from an
interactive shell standpoint, I much prefer bash over ksh (command tab
completion, etc).

Have others found this to be the case? What would make someone prefer ksh
over bash? Not trying to start a flame war, just curious.

James

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 7:13 PM, christopher <skeptikos at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Could've used "curl -O". wget is designed with mirroring and
> > spidering in mind.
>
> I'll look into that. wget did the job, but it's nice to
> know alternatives. The script isn't done, but it's
> almost there.
>
> I'm trying to program in bash as much as possible b/c
> next semester I have a Unix programming class, which
> actually uses ksh, but seeing as how I've been using
> csh, I figure it will get me close enough.
>
> btw, I know it's a faux pas to use csh for scripting,
> so don't give me hell, because I haven't been
> scripting. It's something I just need to start doing. :)
>
> --
> flooose

"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on defending a
false image."