[Tfug] CD Ripping

eric christian ericdanc at alice-dsl.net
Tue Aug 26 11:34:14 MST 2008

> Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:30:40 -0700
> From: "Don Freeman" <DFreeman at pagnet.org>
> Subject: Re: [Tfug] CD Ripping
> To: "'Tucson Free Unix Group'" <tfug at tfug.org>
>
> GoldWave http://www.goldwave.com/ is a wave editor that will let you edit
> most audio files including MP3's. You can cut and paste them together if
> desired and clip out the 2 second header or any other dead space inside the
> file. I've used it extensively for cleaning up old vinyl.

i've used audacity with sucess. you can import/export mp3. in the 90's
here on ASTRA-SAT  was CMR (country music radio) and i have like 36 VHS
cassettes (each 4 hours), mainly with Blue Grass and Classic Country
(maybe 2 cassettes with Arizona Western Music) due to Brian Chalker
(sp?) which with audacity i put on CD/DVD. He is a genius. Where is he now?
Eric