[Tfug] bash dl script

christopher skeptikos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 14:06:08 MST 2008

can anyone recommend a good tutorial about creating
scripts that regularly download files via http?

I'm not a regular bash user, but I have a bash manual.
If another language is recommended, that won't be a
major problem either.

basically I assume that I need to figure out how to
open a socket to connect to the file's webserver, and
then request the file and save it somewhere.

The files follow a predictable naming scheme, which
includes the date as part of its name. I plan to parse
something like the 'date' command to specify the date
and month part of the file name.

I think that covers the specs. Thanks for any help

--
flooose