[Tfug] FS: Linksys WRT54G with the excellent v.2 chipset - alreadyflashed with DD-WRT full edition

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 19:28:49 MST 2008

--- On Mon, 8/18/08, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:

> The non-tech user I had planned it for needed to use it in "client
> mode" - *recieving* a WiFi signal and turning that into Ethernet.
>
> Or to put it another way: he needed to boost his WiFi signal
> significantly...he's in a marginal reception zone.

I'm not sure I follow.  I use my WRT54G (with the excellent
v.2 chipset) to receive a WiFi signal and turn it into
ethernet.   I.e., my WRT54G feeds my bastion host (along
with my PLC NIC) which, then, feeds my network.

So, I could put the WRT54G on a 100' CAT5 and extend my
network's geographical coverage by that 100 feet, etc.

What am I not "getting" in this explanation?