[Tfug] FS: Linksys WRT54G with the excellent v.2 chipset - alreadyflashed with DD-WRT full edition

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:08:09 MST 2008

The non-tech user I had planned it for needed to use it in "client
mode" - *recieving* a WiFi signal and turning that into Ethernet.

Or to put it another way: he needed to boost his WiFi signal
significantly...he's in a marginal reception zone.  And because his
lappy is AMD-CPU based, I can't run an Intel 4xxx N-class series
internal WiFi card.  Unfortunately managing DD-WRT in client mode
would have been beyond him.  Paul will be very happy with this
critter.

When Intrepid comes out, if they have Atheros 9000-series (internal
mini-PCI-express N-class) support, that may be the answer for boosting
the signal on the non-techie's machine.

Jim