[Tfug] A question for somebody else...

Ian McEwen mcewen.ian at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 08:35:42 MST 2008

One option you might consider is DNS-based filtering; OpenDNS provides a
service that blocks sites based on content, where the manager of DNS for a
subnet can choose what is allowed/disallowed; I've seen this used at one
airport I visited, that wanted to block various non-work-related sites from
their employees' use. Not to mention, OpenDNS has had the DNS hole blocked
(as best it can be, anyway) for longer than almost anybody, which is always
a good sign.

Blocklists and the (rather easy for a user of reasonable prowess) hole
inherent in proxying will always be a problem when trying to block off
anything, though. Just ask anyone who's gone through TUSD :)

--
Ian McEwen