[Tfug] GIT together at Tucson JUG

Terence Rudkin trudkin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 15:02:22 MST 2008

Slightly off topic, but the Tucson Java Users Group will be having a
GIT together.   See blurb below.   I know there is a lot of
programmers out there that might be interested.

TR

The JUG meeting August 12 will be a Git-together.  In short, what we
have in mind is a jam session to explore Git.  What is Git? It's what
you should be using instead of CVS or SVN (according to Linus
Torvalds).  We'll start with a code base that is simple and then cut
loose individuals and groups to make changes of various sorts, and use
Git to incorporate (or not) the work of others.

We'll have several laptops available, and you're welcome to bring
yours, too.  You can join in the fun, or just watch the action, or do
little of both.

The instigators of this event are Andrew Lenards, Tom Michaud, and
William Mitchell.  None have much experience with Git but hopefully by
the time we're done everybody will have little better idea of what Git
is all about.

If you want to learn a little more about Git before we Git-together,
here are some places to start:

Linus Torvalds' Tech Talk on Git: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8
Randal Schwartz's Tech Talk on Git: http://tinyurl.com/5eoysz

about-git: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_(software)