[Tfug] Ubuntu plunge

Steve lukkystarr at excite.com
Wed Apr 30 10:12:40 MST 2008

Well, I took the plunge.  Tried Wubi on my desktop and it worked flawlessly.  What sold me is the support for the various video codecs for Firefox, they work great.  I've used Wubi on my Gateway tablet, and the howtos look pretty straightforward in setting up the wacom driver, but for now if I really need it in class I will have to use XP.  I'm thinking it's a keeper though.  I thought I would have to wait until I had more time to mess with it, school and all, but it took less than 30 minutes.

Next step is to put it on my 600m Dell and let my wife use it while I mess with her desktop.  The biggest hurdle was watching the videos on CNN.com (she has to have them), but that won't be an issue, so she will be ok with it.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com