[Tfug] remove from mailing list

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Tue Apr 29 18:34:59 MST 2008

Choprboy wrote:
> I would wonder how such a feature would possibly work, being as a sentient AI
> capable of understanding arbitrary language has probably not made it into the
> CVS tree yet... ;)
>
> My guess is that the option only intercepts email with "unsubscribe" in the
> subject, sent to the main tfug@ address, instead of the subscriptions@ or
> admin@ address.
>
> Adrian

Majordomo has a bunch of administrative checks that produce several
false positives.  I run a car related list and if they are talking about
their turn signals not canceling in the first ten lines it does a false
positive.

I also run a mailman list and it works if they just say something like
unsubscribe but not if there is other text included.

We'll see if this message makes it to the list!  ;-)

George Cohn