[Tfug] which debian?

Jeffry Johnston tfug at kidsquid.com
Mon Apr 28 11:06:05 MST 2008

I'm running Kubuntu AMD64 on my Core 2 Duo 2.13 MHz.  Although you do
have compatibility libs for 32 bit, you're going to end up doing a
bunch of stuff manually (download the i386 .deb for a package,
--force-architecture for installing certain packages, cross compiling
becomes more of a pain, add linux32 to run those non-free apps, won't
see all of your packages in synaptic, etc) .  I put up with it, but
honestly just go with the i386 version and save yourself the hassles.
I haven't done any speed tests, but when I was running i386 at first
it certainly didn't feel any slower to me.

Jeff