[Tfug] using Audacity

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 09:33:04 MST 2008

To anyone who might know,

I am trying to use a TurtleBeach usb audio device to record some voice in
audacity, however after I choose the device and try to record it pops up a
little window and says "Error while opening sound device. Please check the
input device settings and the project sample rate." This is Audacity version
1.3.4, which came with Hardy Heron.

I had no problem using this device with the last version of Audacity in
Gutsy. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong, or how to check it?

Synaptic does not list the older version of Audacity, or I would have
installed it instead. Would it work to download and install the previous
Audacity version?

Thanks
Matthew Patenaude