[Tfug] opinion on the proper/minimum size for Root

bpoag at comcast.net bpoag at comcast.net
Wed Apr 23 08:12:10 MST 2008

It really depends... root's home directory, to me at least, is sort of a sandbox for alot of things. Compiling stuff, odds and ends, the usuals... It tends to eat up a fair amount of space. I also avoid segregating /root to its own partition, btw. There's no need for it.

But, given what you have to work with, 5-7GB would be comfortable.

Cheers,
Bowie

From: John Mc <jmcneill2 at earthlink.net>