[Tfug] Playstation 3

Felix Tilley fetilley at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 11 10:05:57 MST 2008

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 23:18:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steve" <lukkystarr at excite.com>
Subject: [Tfug] Playstation 3
To: tfug at tfug.org

I just bought a playstation 3; not to play games, but to have access to the blu-ray, and to double as a media server.  I've had plans to build my own, but I don't have the time, and after talking to a friend that has one, I discovered it does most everything I want it to do.  What sold me is that Sony makes it relatively easy to install another OS on the thing.  Anyone done this?  I've found howtos for fedora, yellow dog and Gentoo.

Can Playstation 3 decode those uuencoded nudie groups?

Enlightened people want to know.

Felix in Tucson