[Tfug] Video Kiosk

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 17:47:07 MST 2007

For the hospital thing you need $25 OMS pentum 4 and $40 intel mother
boards unless you are planning to
run malware and spay-ware on Windows boxes.

Once the thing is properly configured (idiot proof) there is no difference
running VLC on Debian, FreeBSD or Windows.

Opterion with 4 cores is going close to $250 and quad core around $270 on
new egg.
What are you trying to do?
Bare in mind that only few OS are capable of recognizing more than 4Mb of
RAM. AMD version of FreeBSD is one of them.
So for high level computing actually the AMD might be better choice if you
have 8 cores let say and 8-10 Mb of RAM on the serious mother board.
But what are you going to do with that monster?