[Tfug] speakers

Sean Warburton hl2addict at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:45:46 MST 2007

You need some Vegas! Cerwin Vegas are the best. I just have a 7.1 receiver
(THX and DPL2 certified, for awesome surround sound) and instead of front
and rear channel, I have 6 floor standing speakers and a center speaker. I
know, looks dorky, but gets very loud. Already had one noise ordinance
warning here at the U of A dorm. So do that, you will not regret it, I
guarantee it.
     Sean

On 9/24/07, Malcolm's Honey Co. <mjs355 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Matt Jacob wrote:
> > On 9/24/07, Malcolm Schmerl <mjs355 at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I am looking for some good quality speakers. I would be grateful for
> >> opinions and if you have some you'd part with, let me know. Malcolm
> >>

> > Do you want 2 channels or 4+? For desktop speakers, the Klipsch
> > ProMedia 2.1's are pretty much the best that money can buy. They run
> > between $130 and $150.
> >
> > http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/promedia-2-1.aspx
> >
> > Matt

> Two channels is probably good enough - 2.1 = two speakers and a
> sub-woofer.

FreeBSD v.1.4 (beta)
ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600