[Tfug] Hello

Jude Nelson judecn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 22:47:03 MST 2007

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to TFUG!

The "meetings" you see on the website are the BYOB (bring your own box)
meetings, and as of late they have been very aperiodic (in part due to the
fact that Linux has, as you experienced, become a lot better at detecting
hardware out of the box and installing properly, thus eliminating the
immediate need).  Some of us meet every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at
Buddy's Grill, on Grant and Swan, mostly to socialize, talk shop, and (if
needed) assist in hardware or software-related issues.  As far as computing
goes, some of us bring Linux laptops, or Linux-based PDAs (we have yet to
see an ipod running Linux), but the emphasis is mostly on the
socialization.  We don't meet in the bar; usually we reserve a longer table
in the dining area.  It's pretty informal, but lots of fun :)

You'll get an e-mail from the listserv with the exact details when the 1st
Thursday of October approaches.

Again, glad to have you here.

Kind regards,
Jude Nelson