[Tfug] HTPC, used to be CAD software that is friendly to Linux

Thomas Tarbet snowboarder_tom at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 17:31:27 MST 2007

E.g., I don't watch movies on my computer... or,
listen to music on it.  I have a television and
a "stereo" for those things, respectively, and
don't see how moving those "capabilities" to my
computer enhances my lifestyle or work efficiency.
Therefore, they just aren't worth the *money* to
purchase nor the *time* to install/maintain.

 Well, I don't watch movies on my computer but I have my computer  play movies and tv shows on my tv.  You're correct building your own  htpc isn't worth the  *time* or  *money*, could buy any old DVR, but is sure is a fun hobby  for me, using  Linux  at running mythtv.  And my "production"  box really does enhance my lifestyle.  What is a commercial?   I don't know what time shows are on, I just watch them when I want to.  (This is based on the assumption that watching TV enhances your life.)