[Tfug] Damned Intel WiFi (2200BG series mini-PCI) FIXED (sigh)

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 21:22:20 MST 2007

It was that Goddamn switch Acer put on the front panel.  Must have
accidentially hit it.  It disables WiFi but it's not an "on off" it's
a momentary.  In Windows there's a little LED light that tells you
when the WiFi is "on" vs. "off"...doesn't work in Linux.

Embarassing.

Anyways.  Leaves me wondering how in hell that switch works, given
that the stock Atheros card is outta there.  There must be a "disable
wifi hardware" hardware interrupt or switch or something in the
mini-PCI spec?  Guess they figured that was the main use...

Poop.

:)

Jim