[Tfug] Defrag a disk

Matt Jacob matt.jacob at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:22:01 MST 2007

On 9/10/07, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well few people need to shoot files bigger than 32gig around, and
> Fat32 works acceptably well to that point.

I thought the maximum file size on a FAT32 volume was 4 GB. I was
going to use a shared FAT32 partition between XP and Ubuntu, but I
didn't because of the size limitation (I occasionally generate 4.7 GB
files while making... home movies... yes...).

I installed another 250 GB drive instead, and now I'm in business.
Ext2 IFS for Windows (for reading/writing Ext2/Ext3 volumes) is pretty
cool, too, but separate drives are the best solution IMO.

Matt