[Tfug] my home e-mail server stoped getting mail from tfug...

Jon bigj at flatwan.net
Mon Sep 10 00:00:28 MST 2007

Ronald Sutherland wrote:
> I can't get mailman on tfug.org to send me password reminders or setup a
> new account on @epccs.com, so I set up a gmail account, and registered
> that with the list. I don't like the idea that everything I get is going
> to have to pass though the Google servers, but I guess thats how its
> going, last winter I was able to confirm that epccs.com was blacklisted
> in the Show Low area. The trace route between Show Low and Qwest was
> confusing and no one would e-mail me back, probably because they can't.
>
> I've been reading that the home DSL IP addresses are getting put on
> blacklist because they fall in known problem ranges. A few address above
> and bellow is a poor fool running a zombie class Winblows 98 wondering
> why in the hell there browser keeps opening to a page it can't find.
>
> Anyway I should be able to watch the list again, however this is making
> me realize how fragile this technology is, and how easy it is to get
> disenfranchised from a community that requires it.

I'm not able to reach your mail server at all from the TFUG server.
Connections to port 25 are refused as are pings to the box. It's spotty
though. Some times I can connect, other times I cannot.

I'm not sure what Show Low has to do in all of this. Do you live up
there (Frontier Communication) and your server in Qwest territory?

Hopefully we can get this all squared away.

--
Jon