[Tfug] Qwest/MSN Linux email?

Bill M. beelymagee at cox.net
Mon Sep 3 15:50:07 MST 2007

Harry & Predrag,
  Thanks for your responses about using Qwest/MSN and email services. It
turns out that my mother-in-law had "preview" mode turned on in Outlook
Express for her MSN email account. I changed that to "text-only" viewing
of email so HTML email and images are not viewed -- she has to open the
images outside of Outlook (or save them.) Spybot had all kinds of
reported "problems" which it "fixed" while Registry "run" options all
looked very clean.
  I explained how Linux would make things more simple for her and she
seemed amenable to changing. I'd probably set up her Dell tower as a
dual boot with Linux the default. If that did happen, I would probably
set her up with GMail for email and pull down to Thunderbird. The MSN
web-mail has to go through the MSN portal which sucks immensely! I'd set
up a mail server on the Linux install, but I want to cut down on the
"support" calls as much as possible.
  Again, thanks for the responses!

-*-Bill