[Tfug] A stupid Windows question that somebody...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 02:20:56 MST 2007

OK, hang on, I'm not THAT ignerant.  :)

Look, when Dell DOES use different wiring, they also change the
pattern of index-keys on the motherboard plug.  Trust me, the wrong
type won't fit.

Second, if I swap motherboards to something non-Dell, I'll be dropping
in a new power supply to match.  I have one already. And the physical
bolt pattern in this chassis appears to be standard.

Finally, at this point my most likely solution is to swap the whole
chassis/motherboard combination, recycling drives and memory.  Because
my safest option is to get something that comes with an XP install
disk...

Jim